Tuesday 23 August 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Loved But Never Reviewed


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where bloggers make lists about books and other suitably bookish things. This week we're looking the top ten books we loved but never got around to reviewing!

1. The Hunger Games. I read this series just a couple of weeks before I started blogging (as will be the case with, like, all of these...) and as you all know. They are AMAZING.

2. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. Mmmmm... I love me some Patch... Though he can be a bit of a creeper... ;p

3.  Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce. I really loved the whole idea of Fenris and I thought the retelling was great and really inventive. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

4.  Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. Okay, so while I STILL haven't read Linger or Forever, I did love Shiver. It was my first werewolf book, and my first book where the boy wasn't a complete hardass. I still love Sam and Grace.. I just hope they got their happy ending...

5.  The Dark Divine by Bree Despain.  Another wolf book... I know... But I did really like this one too! Man, I like wolf books more than I thought... Still need to read The Lost Saint though. I'm bad with sequels...

6.  Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantesky. Again, loved this one! It was so cute and I can't wait for Jessica Rules the Dark Side! I hope Lucius isn't a bad guy!

7.  The Iron King by Julie Kagawa. I love Ash. And I love this book! It's what got me into faerie books, and I just loved Grimalkin too.

8. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr.  So I technically read Ink Exchange first, but still, I love these books. They're a really dark take on faeries and really fascinated me, but I did find them a bit slow.

9. The Mortal Instruments! Can't believe I nearly forgot these! Dude, I love these books like woah. I read them like, last last January and they got me out of one hell of a reading slump. I owe them a lot. ;D

10. 13 to Life by Shannon Delany. I really enjoyed this book when I read it, and I loved the whole Russian thing they had going on. And I love Pietr. Still need to read the others though!

4 comments:

  1. Some of these are new to me. Thank you for sharing your list!

    Hope you will stop by and take a look at my post for this week: Top Ten Books You Never Wrote a Review For. And don't forget to sign up for the Readerbuzz August Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh, Sisters Red! I'm so excited about the sort-of sequel coming out today. I can't wait to get to the bookstore and get a copy! This is a great list. I'm in the same boat with a lot of these choices.

    Stop by and check out my Top Ten list today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Shiver too and read Linger this summer. It suffers from 2nd book syndrome, unfortunately.

    -Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I can't wait to read Sisters Red and The Hunger Games. Here's my 10.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...