Thursday 18 August 2011

Bad Taste in Boys review

Bad Taste in Boys
Carrie Harris
July 12th 2011
Delacorte Press


Someone's been a very bad zombie.

Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steroids are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies. No one is safe--not her cute crush Aaron, not her dorky brother, Jonah . . . not even Kate!

She's got to find an antidote--before her entire high school ends up eating each other. So Kate, her best girlfriend, Rocky, and Aaron stage a frantic battle to save their town. . . and stay hormonally human.



Bad Taste in Boys is living(?) evidence that you should never underestimate a funny book about high school zombies. Because it is awesome, and hilarious and I guarantee you will love Kate Grable. If you don't, we're not friends any more. (Kidding! I love you guys anyhow ;D) But seriously, the book is made of zombielicious win. 


This book is seriously hilarious. And for anyone worried about the whole zombie part, it's not too gory or anything, and any limb lossage is usually pretty funny. Especially that part with the foot... I mean there's quite a lot of biting going on, but it's all cool really. Well, biting isn't cool, but you get the point (don't randomly bite strangers kids!) But also, the way the zombies come about and how Kate deals with it and how funny it is, I think it's a good book even for people who don't like zombies! Hopefully this'll be the book to turn you! ;D


I also loved Kate. She's so snarky, and such a science geek! I love her! As I've said before, there just aren't enough nerds in books lately (like, main characters and stuff) and I could relate to her for that. She's that girl who's good at school because she studies and that actually likes school and has a goal for her future. A lot of YA heroines don't have a clue about that (which is fair enough, really..)  but I liked her involvement in science and her nerdiness. I just love nerds. Can't help it. Plus I loved that she was confident about her intelligence, not arrogant or anything, but she wasn't wishy washy about stuff when it came to what she knew, you get me?


Aaron Kingsman was no doubt perfect in like, every way, and he was pretty and a nice guy, but I think I loved Kate's brother Jonah even more. So what if he has to wear a chicken suit?! He only does it try and get the attention of the girl he likes! Plus (even though he would so deny this) he so loves his sister! Always helping her out and saving her from zombies with his pseudosword. And that bit near the end in the shed! N'awww he so cute! And geeky! I just wanted to hug him! (but couldn't because of... Spoilers). I love nerdy boys to!


And I loved the story too. (If I didn't, that would probably be a bit of a problem...) the pacing was great and the whole progression of the zombie disease was really good. But not the puke... Ewwww. But the solution to it was also awesome, because you will not guess what the cure is! (And I'm not gonna tell you. Wanna know? READ IT! ;P) 


Bad Taste in Boys is a hilarious romp full of zombies, boys, psuedoswords, bad football players and dismembered feet. It's great even if you don't like zombies! ;D

1 comment:

  1. youve just made me want this book even more! I didn't even think that was possible! lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...