Wednesday 17 August 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #44

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine :)


Dearly, Departed
Lia Habel
October 18th 2011


As far as romantic pairings go in the year 2195, you don't get much more unlikely than an upper-class schoolgirl and a poor miner from enemy tribes. Filter in the fact that he's a zombie, and you're definitely talking about star-crossed love.

Dearly, Departed is a cyber-Victorian/steampunk romance that takes place in the shadow of a new ice age. Nora Dearly, a mouthy teenage girl and apparent orphan, leaves school for Christmas - only to be dragged into the night by the living dead. Luckily for her, though, the good ones got to her first. From her reanimated rescuers she learns not only that zombies are roaming the countryside, but that her father is one - and that he's in terrible trouble. She also meets Captain Bram Griswold, a noble, strong, and rather sweet undead boy for whom she starts to fall.

Meanwhile, her best friend, Pamela Roe, is just trying to carry on with life as best she can in the wake of Nora's disappearance - when she ends up killing an evil zombie in self-defense. Pam is galvanized into action, and ends up leading a group of survivors as the city of New London is thronged by the ravenous dead.

Upon hearing of Pamela's plight, Nora and Bram set out to rescue her friends, find her missing father, and maybe just save what's left of the world



Steampunk? Zombies? Love? Sounds sooo awesome! I really can't wait for this one! The whole idea of zombie grosses me out a bit, but we'll see if Lia Habel can change my mind... 


What are you waiting on? 

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, I don't like steampunk much but this one sounds awesome so I think I'll give it a go when it comes out :) And I love the cover, it's so pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this one!!!!

    Here's my WOW pick :)

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to this too! Great pick!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-11-and-waiting-on-wednesday-august.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great, I am adding this to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice! I love the cover and it looks pretty good. Thank you for sharing. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cover, and I like the Possess widget on your sidebar...very spooky!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow the cover looks intense! I like it!! Check out mine! please and thank you!!

    http://paigebradish.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/waiting-on-wednesday-destined-by-p-c-kristin-cast/

    ReplyDelete
  8. zombie love!! i have this on my wishlist. it sounds awesome.

    Check out our WoW post.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. This does sound really good! Great pick! I'll have to add it to my list. :)

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-tris-and-izzie.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...