Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where bloggers make lists about books and other suitably bookish things. This week we're listing our bookish resolutions for this year!
1. Get a bookshelf. I have a lot of books, and no where to put them. Also, my room feels kind of empty without one.
2. Make more vlogs. (Yes, some of these will be the same as the ones I put on that Follow Friday a couple of weeks ago...) I think vlogs are cool, and I did make one, but it was pretty dull, so I'm going to try and practice the art of vlogging well :D
3. Write more original posts. I always feel pretty bad when I never post anything that isn't a meme or a review, so I'm going to try and think of some good things to write about on the blog.
4. Review more. I don't really do that many reviews and also, they're not all that well written, so I'm going to try and sort that out.
5. Be more organised. I never schedule posts. I am the least disorganised person ever. I never prepare for anything so, I'm going to try and be better at that.
6. Sort out the TBR. Yeah, I'm going to try and read faster (not all that likely, I'm not that fast a reader, but I will try!)
7. Read more British books. I never read any books by British authors, so I think I should read more by them.
8. Read 100 books. I've never read more than 100 books in a year, so I think it would be really cool if I could.
9. Use twitter less. I am addicted. It is a massive timesuck.
10. Comment more. I love getting comments, and so do other people, so I want to take more time to comment on people's blogs, especially when they've taken the time to comment on mine!
So what are you're resolutions this year?
I don't know if you are into vintage science fiction, but H.G. Wells is one of my favorite British authors. Bernard Cornwell also does historical fiction, and I've become a fan of his in the past few months.ReplyDelete
I'm with you on being more organized. I'm hoping to do this during the upcoming Bloggista.ReplyDelete
Here's my list of Top Ten Bookish, Bloggish Resolutions.
I see a load of us have "write more reviews" on our lists, we should really encourage each other to do it :)ReplyDelete
I hate reviewing because I'm really bad at it, but I'm going to try my best this year.
Love the list!
Check out mine at http://fantasmagoriese.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-ten-tuesday.html
Heh. i pretty much am never on twitter. Unfortunately it seems like it's all or nothing for me as far as that goes. If I get on, I'm usually on the whole day.ReplyDelete
I have never done a vlog.ReplyDelete
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog
Yay for vlogs! They are fun to make and readers love to watch them. Awesome resolutions and good luck in 2011!ReplyDelete
Great list and I am also working towards the 100 book goal. Also, kind of related to 7; I’m completely addicted to the 200 book list generated from the BBC Big Read initiative. I know there are more than just British authors, but I don’t know how I’d survive without it... Good luck in 2011.ReplyDelete
Great list! I'm not sure I could ever do a vlog, I'd just start giggling the whole way through... Oh well, maybe I'll try it this year.ReplyDelete
Just thought I'd let you know you have an award waiting for you here: http://cheezyfeetbooks.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html
We have quite a few in common! I'd love to get another bookshelf (or 2!) this year I have so many books in piles in a bedroom! Makes finding things very difficult.ReplyDelete
You definitiely need a bookshelf! I need another one or I need to get rid of some books. I currently have piles of books sitting in front of my bookshelf.ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing your book/blogging resolutions!
Jen at The Broke and the Bookish
Getting organized is tricky! I actually have a paper planner that I write post titles in so I can make notes if I still need to add them to my archive or add the review to Amazon etc. Maybe that would work for you, too! :)ReplyDelete