Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where bloggers make lists about books and other suitably bookish things. This week we're doing books that broke our hearts a little bit to go against all this Valentine's day nonsense ;p
1. Delirium by Lauren Oliver. This book didn't break my heart a little, this book broke my heart big time. I cried so much at the end it's ridiculous and slightly embarrasing.
2. If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I'm not quite sure if this book broke my heart, though I guess it kinda did? I cried a lot anyhow. One of the most emotional books I've read by any means.
3. Torn by Cat Clarke. You probably weren't expecting this one to be on the list, it's not really reputed for being terribly upsetting, but the ending is heart-breaking in it's own way. Just the last 30 odd pages had my heart falling to pieces by the truth in it all.
4. Frostbite by Richelle Mead. Probably not the most heartbreaking of the VA series. I've heard it's pretty hard going, but this book did break my heart a bit. And I'm more than happy to let the rest of the series break my heart a bit more. Kind of. As long as by heart breaking I mean Rose and Dimitri skipping off into the sunset happily.
5. Naked by Kevin Brooks. Oh my goodness, this book broke my heart. Completely. Just read it and you will understand the depth of my love for this book and the sadness that is the ending.
6. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I can't say anything without spoiling the book but it has MY ETERNAL CREYS.
7. Stolen by Lucy Christopher. I know the ending was for the best, I know that it was 'right', but that doesn't make it any less heart breaking.
8. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I just felt really bad for Gatsby, okay!
Um, I can't really think of any more that broke my heart a bit. I know that there must be though. My heart breaks at books so darn easily. But this is my list for now!
I really NEED to read The Fault In Our Stars. ASAP. Totally agree with Torn, esecially the scene between Alice and her dad. ):ReplyDelete
Stolen is a great choice! I was so conflicted after finishing that book. Delirium is on my list as well. Don't worry I cried for a good 20 minutes at least lol.ReplyDelete
My Top Ten Tuesday
I don’t like to read books that make me cry and with Delirium I came so close!ReplyDelete
Delirium was so shockingly sad! I just wasn't expecting it at all. Makes my list too!ReplyDelete
The Fault in Our Stars had me nearly sobbing into a cushion, as did If I Stay. Both were too emotional for words!ReplyDelete
My Top Ten
Oh if you think Frostbite is bad, wait till you read Shadow Kiss (READ SHADOW KISS NOW) totally agree about Delirium. You and Bella both mentioned Entangled and I still haven't read it! That might have to be next up on my listReplyDelete
The Cait Files
Delirium is a great choice. I forgot to list it.ReplyDelete
Yara @ Once Upon a Twilight.com
Argh! Everyone with The Fault in Our Stars on their list is making me dying to read it! The Great Gatsby was an excellent addition and one I didn’t even think about, but I agree, I was also sad for Gatsby. Thanks for sharing, Cicely!ReplyDelete