Thursday 10 March 2011

This Lullaby review

This Lullaby
Sarah Dessen
May 27th 2002
Hodder (UK)/ Puffin (US)


When it comes to relationships, Remy doesn't mess around. After all, she's learned all there is to know from her mother, who's currently working on husband number five. But there's something about Dexter that seems to defy all of Remy's rules. He certainly doesn't seem like Mr. Right. For some reason, however, Remy just can't seem to shake him. Could it be that Remy's starting to understand what those love songs are all about?


I have been on a complete Sarah Dessen binge this past week. Admittedly, this is only the second book of hers that I've read (I am currently making my way through Along For The Ride), but there is just something about how she writes, how I can become completely caught up the world she creates. Engrossed in the story, and the characters she creates are really wonderful. I really love spending the time to get to know them, properly. 


For example. If you read just, say, the first 100 pages of this book, you would think Remy is a bitch. Because, lets face it, she is a  bit. But as time went on, I gradually got to understand her better. I mean, I can understand why she would think that love just isn't real because of her mothers many marriages (if I was in her situation, I would think the exact same thing.) But I felt like I knew her. And, while we probably wouldn't be friends if she were real,  I understood her.


And I ADORED Dexter. I want one for myself. Though, I did always have a thing for people in bands... ;) He was so clumsy, and loving, and sweet. And I just wanted to give him a hug. He was wonderful! I loved all of the people in the band! Ted, and his 'musical integrity...' John Miller, who was just amazing. Seriously, when he and Dexter were drunk, and all like 'Huffah!', I fell in love with him. But not literally. His hair is not of my standards. ;)


I loved seeing the two of them (Remy and Dexter, that is...) fall in love. Ish. I mean, it's not exactly LOVE love, until the end. Or maybe it was all along and Remy just didn't realise it until the end! 


This Lullaby is a wonderful book, and it surprised me how different it was from Just Listen. And I loved how in JL we got to meet the Truth Squad boys again! :D Aww, I just love 'em! The UK covers of SD's books are right. Read her Once and fall in LUURVE. 5 stars! :D    I am officialy a Sarah Dessen fan. And now I need MOAR. Which of her books were your favourites? (So that I can buy them and read them and love them myself :D)



5 comments:

  1. So glad you liked this one! This Lullaby is my favorite Dessen book. But I love Just Listen and The Truth About Forever too.

    Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I have never read in Sarah Dessen books before, just like you hadn't! But I picked up Lock and Key so I'm going to read that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Sarah Dessen have read all of her books. My favs are Along for the Ride, Dreamland, Just Listen, This Lullaby and The Truth About Forever :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah Dessen is so good! This is one on my favorite books of all time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I love how you straight up called her a bitch :D Wonderful girl missy, it's obvious that you really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...