Monday 21 March 2011

Clarity review

Clarity
Kim Harrington
March 1st
Scholastic Point


When you can see things others can't, where do you look for the truth?
This paranormal murder mystery will have teens reading on the edge of their seats.
Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.
And a curse.
When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case--but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother--who has supernatural gifts of his own--becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?


When I first heard of Clarity, I knew it was a book I needed to have. First of all, look at that stunning cover! I really get the feel of Eastport when I look at it. I love the bright colours and it just reminds me of the seaside. And then there's the blurb, which is awesome. Books about psychics? I'm in! Plus I love me some murder mystery!

And Clarity was everything I expected. An awesome, witty, strong-willed female lead, two very, very sexy boys... and a mystery that kept me guessing until the last 10 pages... (or maybe I just fail at mystery-solving, but whatever) Clarity (the MC, not the book) was brilliant! I loved her sarcasm, and that she rarely let her bullies get to her or prevent her from solving the mystery. But that she wasn't completely immune to it all. She was vulnerable too. And she wasn't exactly over the moon about being psychic either. She didn't deserve to get bullied for being a 'freak' or whatever, she didn't ask for it.

And I loved her family too. I admit I have a thing for Perry, despite his man whorish ways. He was a lovely boy, plus he was quite the handsome fella ;) And I loved Gabriel too! Sooo gorgeous.. ;p But he had secrets and a darker past than I suspected. And Justin! Boy, does Kim know how to write swoonish guys. He would do anything to get back together with is girlfriend, even if it meant getting into trouble with his dad (the mayor, I may add) or the police.

The mystery was twisty and turny, and I didn't see half of it coming. I was genuinely taken by surprise by the whole mystery and who actually did it. Kim definitely has a way of keeping the killer under wraps, although about halfway through I did get a bit suspicious about him.

Clarity was a wonderful murder mystery which kept me sitting on the edge of my seat, swooning over the boys and laughing at Clare's sarcastic comments and wit. Definitely a book you should check out! 4 stars :D 

3 comments:

  1. Still have an issue with that "glare" spot on the cover...irks me somehow. Anywho....you've added yet another "good" review of this book to the ones I've read...thank goodness for being able to read beyond the cover because it might have stopped me to be honest. Will have to check it out on a future reading adventure. Thanks for sharing...great job on the review! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book! I'm glad to know that you liked it too. Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this sounds so good! Your review really piqued my interest :) Thank you for the rec and review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...