Tuesday 22 March 2011

The Liar Society review

The Liar Society
Lisa & Laura Roecker
March 1st 2011
Sourcebooks Fire


Kate Lowry didn't think dead best friends could send e-mails. But when she gets an e-mail from Grace, she’s not so sure.

To: KateLowry@pemberlybrown.edu
Sent: Sun 9/14 11:59 PM
From: GraceLee@pemberlybrown.edu
Subject: (no subject)

Kate,
I'm here…
sort of.
Find Cameron.
He knows.
I shouldn't be writing.
Don't tell.
They'll hurt you.

Now Kate has no choice but to prove once and for all that Grace’s death was more than just a tragic accident. But secrets haunt the halls of her elite private school. Secrets people will do anything to protect. Even if it means getting rid of the girl trying to solve a murder...



The Liar Society was awesome. Totally awesome. I was scared that with all the buzz that it was going to disappoint me, but it didn't. It completely didn't. For many, many, reasons.


First of all, Kate. She was so funny and snarky you just  couldn't NOT like her. And, though she'd probably hate me for saying this, I felt a bit bad for her too. She'd just recently lost her best friend, had been ostracised at her school for it and had to go to a shrink for, like, half a year. She was really messed up. But, she does have that darn awesome pink hair to show for it! Now I want pink hair... And despite all of this, she still managed to keep up her sarcasm, and just awesome personality which I loved.


Second of all, Liam. (Or, more specifically, his hair... ;D) Well, is hair was what sparked my love for him, but then his wonderful personality shone through, and it wasn't just his, and I quote, 'amazing hair' that kept me fancying him. He was brilliant. :D


Third of all, Seth ( I promise, the next thing isn't a character) Should I be worried that I seriously identified with Seth...? Don't worry, I'm not a conspiracy theorist and whatnot, (LOL, whatnot is actually a word!) but I felt a real nerdy connection with him. We probably would get on. I think this a good thing... Though I'm not really sure.


Last, but not least, was the plot. The ending totally took me by surprise and I loved how the mystery panned out. And now I feel like I should start watching Veronica Mars. People tell me it's good. More specifically, people who like TLS think it's good, so I shall be watching it soon.


The Liar Society is a book full of twists and turns, the snarkiest, most awesomely pink haired MC and a boy with 'amazing hair'. An awesome book! 4.5 stars :D



2 comments:

  1. I ordered this yesterday, really looking forward to it, it sound awesome! And don't wish we could have pink hair sometimes? :L Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I loved this book. I definitely love snarky characters and Kate was the best.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...