Monday 31 March 2014

Monthly Round-Up: March

Hello! March has been a sort of okay month for me reading wise, but not particularly great. I did get to go to the Hot Key Books blogger brunch with Piccadilly Press and Templar books also taking part, and got to meet/see a lot of bloggers again, which was lovely.

Books read:

The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Young Avengers Volume 2 by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie
We Were Liars by E Lockhart
Say Her Name by James Dawson
Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira

Total: 7 

Books reviewed:

Book of the Month:

Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith. I luuuurved this book. But We Were Liars and Say Her Name were both excellent reads, too. And I adore Young Avengers.


At Hot Key I got to see a bunch of lovely bloggers (which I am going to try and name here but I may accidentally miss some people out it was a few weeks ago) like Lucy (Queen of Contemporary/UKYA Lucy), Lucy (Choose YA Lucy), Faye, Debbie, Stacey, Michelle, Georgia, Daphne, Nina... Um, I think that was it? Out of the people that I saw and talked to, any way. There were also several Booktubers there who I did not know, but they seemed really lovely, too! It was just a really nice event with books and pizza, so what more do you need really. Plus we got to take home a whole load of books, so thank you so much Hot Key, Piccadilly Press and Templar Books! Also, thank you to all the Bloggers who I swapped books with!

So, that was my March. And now onwards to April (and more importantly, GAME OF THRONES ONE WEEK TO GO CAN YOU TELL I'M EXCITED)



                         

2 comments:

  1. GAME OF THRONES GAME OF THRONES GAME OF THRONES! Cannot wait. Interesting Grasshopper Jungle beat out WWL and SHN for your book of the month...I can't read that one, just the description makes me feel so, so squeamish

    Cait x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think UKYA Lucy should be my new nickname ;)
    It was absolutely amazing meeting you at Hot Key, Cicely! We need to do it again soon because I miss everyone so much already. It will HAVE to happen again.

    Best wishes for April, Cicely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...