Wednesday 31 July 2013

July Round-Up

This is going to be a short post because, if you didn't know already, July was kind of a dead month for me on the blog. I didn't read that much and I certainly didn't review that much... I just really need to read a 5 star, absolutely amazing book because it feels like it's been forever since that happened and I think it will get me out of my reviewing slump a bit. Hopefully I'll at least get around to doing more than 6 posts in August, though...

Books read:
Dead Jealous by Sharon Jones
Adorkable by Sarra Manning (reread)
The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey
Hidden Among Us by Katy Moran
Antigoddess by Kendare Blake
Ocean of Secrets by Aimee Friedman

Book of the Month:

I don't really know for July... Like, I enjoyed everything that I read, but none of it stands out as being particularly outstanding from the rest. If I had to pick one (and I'm not counting Adorkable because it's a reread and one of my favourite books), it would probably be Antigoddess.


Books reviewed:

As I said, it was kind of a slow month for me. But I did actually do a discussion post for once, too! I really wish that I could come up with more ideas about what to do on the blog because I always feel like it gets a bit samey and maybe that's a bit why I'm lacking inspiration for reviewing, as well. But anyway, here's the link to that discussion post, too, should you wish to read it.

In other news, I finished my first year at Sixth Form! I also did literally nothing else. There's not been any telly on that I can talk about or anything. All I've done is watch films, rewatch Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra and start working my way through Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

I hope July has been a more interesting month for you than it has for me! See you in August.


2 comments:

  1. My month was pitiful on the reading front really, so I can't beat you on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the exact kind of list of books that I have been looking for. Thanks for sharing.

    Ann@Blogging E-books

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...