So it's a bit of tradition over here for me to make a list of all the bookish/bloggish etc things that I want to accomplish over the next year, forget about them and then remember about them about the week before the new year and be a bit annoyed with myself. So here are my resolutions from last year!
1. Read at least 95 books.
2. Finish Harry Potter.
3. Comment more on other blogs.
4. Finish something I started writing.
5. Post at least 10 times a month.
Well, I did warn you. I have literally done none of these this year! Though it's not technically 2014 yet so I suppose there's still a chance I could get 95 books read! I was close, though! I think I'll have had 93(?) read by the new year, which I am still pretty happy about. But the others? Well, they were kind of lost causes from the start, but it's nice to optimistic! I like setting myself goals even if I don't achieve them. Or remember what they actually were...
Anyway, here are mine for 2014!
1. Actually finish Harry Potter this time. Is this cheating? Having the same one twice? I hope not... But regardless, I think that it's important that I actually get the last two Harry Potter books read. I feel a bit like a phony, being a YA book blogger who's still not read all of HP after about 3 and a half years at this gig!
2. Read 92 books. 92 seems like more of a realistic number this year, because of exams in the summer and starting Uni in autumn. In fact, anywhere in the 90-range is impressive for me.
3. Be more sociable (on the internet). Despite being on the internet a lot, I don't really put myself out there. And I don't want to, not completely, but I don't just want to lurk for the rest of my days either. Really I just want to talk more to people on Twitter (without annoying them), read and comment on more blogs (because on the front I am just ridiculously bad. I never know what to say in comments! I'm surprised that I get any over here with the lack of comments that I leave on other people's blogs), and just sort of not feel so awkward about self-promotion? It's not really something that I like doing unless I've written a review/post that I'm really proud of and want people who maybe wouldn't read it otherwise to read, but maybe I should do it more? I don't know...
4. Don't stress out about blogging so much. It's a fun thing to do, but at the same time I care about it and I don't want to feel like I'm letting anyone down. But I need to stop letting it get to me in the same way. I don't have a responsibility to produce a certain amount of content a month, and I shouldn't force myself too if it's making me unhappy.
5. Contrarily, try and think of something new for the blog. I don't have to, but I want to produce more than just reviews. Maybe just to do a feature week or get a guest post or author/blogger interviews? I don't know, just something that makes my blog more interesting, and that makes me more interested in blogging. I like writing reviews but when they're almost the only things that you're writing they can get a little tedious and repetitive.
So, those are my resolutions for 2014! They seem a little more doable, and hopefully, one step at a time, I'll get to a place where I'm happy with my blog and my reading and all that.
Happy New Year, by the way! I hope 2014 is a great year for everyone.