Sunday 1 December 2013

Monthly Round-Up: November

Hey lovelies! It feels like this month has gone super quickly. I cannot believe that it's already December! Bloody hell. But, on the other hand, it's almost Christmas! I'm so excited! I love Christmas!

Okay, so onto what I actually got up to this month. I seem to have emerged out of my reading slump well enough, but I think I'm still in a bit of a blogging funk. But that's been for, like, this whole year so I don't think that really counts. I still love blogging, I just feel like I never have any ideas any more for anything that isn't a review. But, again, I have only ever really done about two discussion posts a year so I guess it's not all that big of a deal.


Books Read:
This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June by Robin Benway
Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy
Captain Marvel Volume 1 by Kelly Sue Deconnick
Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan
World After by Susan Ee
Skulduggery Pleasant: Playing With Fire by Derek Landy
Wonder Woman Volume 2 by Brian Azzarello
Skulduggery Pleasant: The Faceless Ones by Derek Landy
Skulduggery Pleasant: Dark Days by Derek Landy

Books Reviewed:
This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers

Book of the Month:
This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers


Yeah, it's kind of amazing how I can read that many books and still only post three reviews. And Cait, if you're reading this, please don't be offended that I didn't pick a Skulduggery book as book of the month. It would've been super hard to pick one out of the four that I've read as being the best... ;)

But yeah, I feel like November has been a pretty good month for me. Usually, I slump in November, but I think because I didn't try tackling NaNo this year like I usually do, I got round to actually reading and stuff! I also finally went to see Catching Fire, and you can see what I thought of it here. The short version is basically that it's amazing and you should go and see it now if you already haven't which, let's face it, is probably not the case.

I also went to a couple of really great events this month: the Holly Black and Sarah Rees Brennan thing at Foyles and the My Kinda Book launch party. It was really, really great to meet Holly Black who is an author that I have loved for a reallllly long time, and she was so lovely and hopefully she didn't think I was too weird so that was fun. And Sarah Rees Brennan is always brilliant and hilarious. Also, Leila Sales and Sarra Manning were at the MKB launch, and even though I didn't get to talk to Sarra, I did get to fangirl to Leila Sales about how much I loved This Song Will Save Your Life (which if you haven't read yet, read it. Now. I command you.) so that was super great. I hope that there will be some stuff on in December too because I really like seeing all of the British blogger people that are always about at the events in London.

Unfortunately, I have just gotten into Person of Interest which is kind of taking up all of my time at the minute (it's actually so good, even though I just accidentally spoiled myself about what happened in last weeks episode when I'm only on season 1). And I've got some more coursework to do, but that shouldn't get in the way too much. Not when I've still got another 3 and a half Skulduggery books to read.

So, that's enough rambling for now, I reckon... How was your month? I hope that December is great too!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I totally read this ;) I'm not offended; that's good reasoning (I cheated and picked Skulduggery Pleasant in general ;) ) I am just SO GLAD that you are reading them because they are AWESOME. Well done on reading so many books, that is way cool. You've had a good month :)

    Cait x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...