Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where bloggers make lists about books and other suitably bookish things. This week we're doing books that broke our hearts a little bit to go against all this Valentine's day nonsense ;p
1. Delirium by Lauren Oliver. This book didn't break my heart a little, this book broke my heart big time. I cried so much at the end it's ridiculous and slightly embarrasing.
2. If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I'm not quite sure if this book broke my heart, though I guess it kinda did? I cried a lot anyhow. One of the most emotional books I've read by any means.
3. Torn by Cat Clarke. You probably weren't expecting this one to be on the list, it's not really reputed for being terribly upsetting, but the ending is heart-breaking in it's own way. Just the last 30 odd pages had my heart falling to pieces by the truth in it all.
4. Frostbite by Richelle Mead. Probably not the most heartbreaking of the VA series. I've heard it's pretty hard going, but this book did break my heart a bit. And I'm more than happy to let the rest of the series break my heart a bit more. Kind of. As long as by heart breaking I mean Rose and Dimitri skipping off into the sunset happily.
5. Naked by Kevin Brooks. Oh my goodness, this book broke my heart. Completely. Just read it and you will understand the depth of my love for this book and the sadness that is the ending.
6. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I can't say anything without spoiling the book but it has MY ETERNAL CREYS.
7. Stolen by Lucy Christopher. I know the ending was for the best, I know that it was 'right', but that doesn't make it any less heart breaking.
8. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I just felt really bad for Gatsby, okay!
Um, I can't really think of any more that broke my heart a bit. I know that there must be though. My heart breaks at books so darn easily. But this is my list for now!