Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where bloggers make lists about books and other suitably bookish things. This week we're doing books that we'd save from an alien invasion...
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Of course I would save these books! Where would I be without them :)
2. Matilda by Roald Dahl. One of my favourite books from when I was younger. I don't think I could leave without taking my copy of it.
3. The Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices books by Cassie Clare. I have them signed. They must come with me, because I don't think I'll be getting more signed any time soon.
4. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. I'm not really that sure why, it just feels kind of special, I guess?
5. Sherlock Holmes books by Arthur Conan Doyle. You guys know of my Sherlock thing by now right?
6. Edgar Allen Poe. I wouldn't take Edgar Allen Poe with me, obviously. He's dead. But I think his dark stories would make a great companion for whatever forthcoming apocolypse that happens! ;)
7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Light and shade, light and shade. That's all I'm saying.
8. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Light and shade and cancer. Those are the three kinds of books you need in the apocalypse. Maybe we could get the aliens to read it and they'd be temporarily blinded by their tears!
Um, I'm not very good at these kinds of lists! I don't know if you can tell, but I don't really have 'special' books that I can't live without... I'd rather just heave my whole bookshelf around with me!