Sunday 8 March 2015

Some (Brief) Thoughts on the UKYABAs

So, if you are part of the UKYA blogging community, you probably definitely know that the UKYABAs were this weekend! It was so much fun to actually see people again because I haven't been to an event or anything for months, and I have missed being around book people a lot. It was also such a lovely event, and I so glad for all the winners because I can't even imagine the amount of work and passion that they put into what they do! I have rarely felt as proud of the UKYA community of so glad to be even a tiny part of it as I was last night, surrounded by some amazing bloggers and just great people. Plus there was cake and a special deal for us on the books that night!

I was technically nominated for best teen blogger, so I would feel like a bit of a dick if I didn't say thanks for that - so, thanks! I genuinely did not expect to be considered for anything, and even if I feel completely undeserving, I appreciated it so much! 

Anyway, I've really not got that much to say other than CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners, and everyone really. You all deserve it! And also thank you to Andy Robb for organizing the whole shebang, as well as High Street Kensington Waterstones, as well as all the publishers involved and authors. What a swell bunch of people. And that it was just such a lovely experience!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, congrats on the nomination! It's well deserved. We've always enjoyed your blog. Glad you had a nice time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...