Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where bloggers make lists about books and other suitably bookish things. This week we're doing books that we'd give to someone who claimed that they didn't like to read.
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. This is the book that I give to anyone who says they don't like books. They usually take their words back by the time they're finished.
2. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. This was the series that got me back into reading, and the few people I have lent them too seemed to be as hooked as I was ;)
3. Divergent by Veronica Roth. Another book I make sure to give people if they liked THG. They usually like Divergent too. A lot.
4. Any and all John Green books. Because John Green.
5. Harry Potter. Again, no explanation required.
6. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. If someone was a bit wary of reading 'girly books', I think I could sway their opinion with this.. Also, it's just a super quick, lovely read.
7. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. Another super quick, adorable read, that I think most people who claimed not to like books would like.
8. Sarah Dessen books. While some of them can be a little bit difficult to get into, they are all very accessible, relatable books, and I haven't read one that I didn't like (being that I've only read 6)
9. Torn by Cat Clarke. A taught, engaging read that any reluctant reader would be gripped by.
10. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. This is one series I need to force people to read. Fast paced and gripping, with the bonus of Dimitri, who in their right mind would say no? ;)