Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where bloggers make lists about books and other suitably bookish things. This week we're doing books we were happy were recommended to us :D
1. SARAH DESSEN. (I know that's not a book...;P) I'm so glad people kept pushing me to read Sarah Dessen books. They're awesome. AWESOME. I just finished another one and I cannot WAIT for What Happened to Goodbye. She's, like, one of my favourite authors.
2. The Summer series by Jenny Han. I just posted my review of the 2nd book in the Summer series yesterday, and these books are SO GOOD. I need the 3rd one, like, now. She has to end up with Conrad. Or neither of them. Jeremiah deserves someone better than Belly, I'm sorry to say... She's nice and all, but Jere's, like, the sweetest person ever.
3. The Mortal Instruments. My mum read City of Bones first, and then she kind of forced it on me (this was during the time that I wasn't reading. I know! The shame!) It was awesome. You know the rest. Probably. ;p
4. The Hunger Games. People kept on pushing me to read it, and I was like, 'no, it's not my kinda thing'. I read it. It was totally my kind of thing. The Hunger Games is, like, everyone's thing. Now I'm a Dystopia nerd.
5. The Red Necklace by Sally Gardner. Though I know for a fact that not everyone likes these books (my friend just didn't get it.) I love them. They're about love and magic and revenge and the catacombs and the French Revolution. I just really like them :)
6. The Vampirates books by Justin Somper. These books are probably more MG, but I did start reading them when I was 10 (again, on my mothers recommendation...) and they're so awesome. Seriously, they're about VAMPIRE PIRATES. OH YEAH. YOU HEARD ME. There's sword-fighting and blood sucking and I heart them.
Those are all I can think of... I don't get a lot of books recommended to me...
What about you? :D
My mom is trying to get me to read The Mortal Instruments series also! Maybe I should listen to her. :PReplyDelete
A friend recommended the Graceling series to me, and I absolutely adored them!ReplyDelete
The Red Necklace, eh? Sounds like something I'd like. Must check it out....ReplyDelete
Here's my gratitude list: Top Ten Books I'm Happy Were Recommended to Me. I hope you will stop by!
I can recommend loads! LOL. A couple recommended to me that I loved are:ReplyDelete
BEFORE I DIE by Jenny Downham. A YA book my friend suggested this book to me.
DEPARTMENT 19 by Will Hill. An awesome new YA vampire series. I got this after it was suggested in a review from Wondrous Reads.
The Giver by Lowis Lowry. An amazing YA dystopian that my critique partner suggested I read. I had to get it off the internet though. I've not seen it in many UK bookshops.
Yup, Mortal Instruments is a great one.ReplyDelete
hi Cecely, stopping by to read your list of top ten, i see Hunger Games made your list too. Happy Reading 2 UReplyDelete
Great choices. I'll have to check out The Vampirates. They look really interesting.ReplyDelete
Vampirates does sound awfully awesome.ReplyDelete
Check out my list here