Wednesday 27 April 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #29

Tighter
Adele Griffin
May 10th 2011

When 17-year-old Jamie arrives on the idyllic New England island of Little Bly to work as a summer au pair, she is stunned to learn of the horror that precedes her. Seeking the truth surrounding a young couple's tragic deaths, Jamie discovers that she herself looks shockingly like the dead girl—and that she has a disturbing ability to sense the two ghosts. Why is Jamie's connection to the couple so intense? What really happened last summer at Little Bly? As the secrets of the house wrap tighter and tighter around her, Jamie must navigate the increasingly blurred divide between the worlds of the living and the dead. 

Brilliantly plotted, with startling twists, here is a thrilling page-turner from the award-winning Adele Griffin.




I lovelovelove ghost stories, and this one looks brilliant. I adore this cover too! So creepy!


What are you waiting on?

10 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about this one, it's been getting a lot of hype! I might have to check it out!

    See what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this does sound thrilling. What an eerie cover!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on The Story Siren's IMM this week! It looks amazing =) I am definitely waiting on it myself =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds super creepy! Love it!

    Here's my WoW, please stop by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like an awesome book! :D New follower! Happy Reading! My WoWs:

    Butterfly Feet Walking on Life
    For the L♥ve of Reading

    -- Zakiya LadyWings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds very creepy. It's on my wishlist.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh this sounds really intriguing!!! Definitely looking forward to it. :)

    Julia @ That Hapa Chick

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for this one too! Ghost stories rule!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/04/www-and-waiting-on-wednesday-april-27th.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, I thought this one came out already! Anyway, I am really interested in this one,.awesome pick!

    Here's my WoW: http://goo.gl/oIwwa :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I first saw this one on either the Story Siren's or Steph Su's blog - I can't remember which - but I loved the summary the moment I saw it. It sort of reminds me of the direction Vampire Diaries has with the doppelganger (do you watch the show?)... it's just sounds like a really good thriller and I think that cover did a great job of capturing the premise. (Plus, I really love that font for the title and the blurred effect in general!). Great choice :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...